In our neighborhood there is a lady named Penny whose 97 year old mother, Millie (pictured above), lives with her. Anna and I have gone several times to visit and every time we are introduced to Millie as if it's our first visit. Eventually she remembers that we've been there before, but until she does she asks what the baby's name is, how big has baby gotten and sometimes Penny and I have to remind Millie that Anna's a girl (over and over and over). Millie always offers to hold Anna for me and cuddles Anna's soft head to her cheek.
I love going to see Millie with Anna, not because Anna will remember the nice ladies, but because there is such an obvious enjoyment the mother and daughter get from having Anna there. It's sad to think that someday Anna will be to big for Millie's lap (or to wiggly), and Millie will have to be content to watch Anna without holding her.
No comments:
Post a Comment